But Blogger's implementation of threaded comments has its limitations, and bugs, too. So I decided to give my threaded commenting hack a new round, and made version 2. It is now installed on this blog, you can see it and test it for example in the threaded commenting playground.
- (relatively) easy install, just one piece of code copied to template
- contains Reply links to comments hack
- contains highlight author comments hack
- expand/collapse individual comments
- style is similar to Blogger threaded comments
- max threading levels can be specified
- if you have used Blogger's threading, can read that threading information
- works with major browsers, tested on Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Chrome
- I must have forgotten something. Did I mention that it is great? :)
This works at least on Simple template. If your template is heavily modded, then this hack might not work without modifications. And this hack does not work on dynamic views, and does not work if Blogger's threaded commenting is active. If you need to disable Blogger's threaded commenting, see this article.
Update August 31th 2012: If you have this installed, and threading stopped, please install this update.